07/01/2013

A Few Fun Apps

Although I don't have the iPhone or an Android phone, I do have an iPod touch, which is basically the iPhone without calling and texting for those who don't know. Here's a list of some fun apps that I think you should check out.

1. The Sims Freeplay
We've all played Facebook games like Zynga's Farmville, Cafe World, Mafia Wars etc., so The Sims Freeplay should have you addicted within 10 minutes. If you like The Sims 2 and 3, you'll probably like this. With quality graphics and a 'proper sims' feel, this free game makes for some excellent anti-boredom time.

2. The Simpsons Tapped Out

Across the world, thousands of people enjoy The Simpsons - I am one of them. Add in Zynga's Cityville, and you have The Simpsons Tapped Out. The game starts when Homer Simpson accidentally blows up the town of Springfield, and him and Lisa must rebuild the town. With all of your favourite characters and loads of episode references and fun sound effects, any Simpsons fan will have a blast with this game.

3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Although you'll have to shell out 99p, this game is good for beating boredom. If you love the xbox version, and other games like it such as Call Of Duty, you'll like this. The controls take a while to get used to, but great graphics and gameplay make up for this.

4. Asphalt 7: Heat
Again, you'll have to shell out a few pennies - 69 of them to be exact. However, with stunning graphics, you'll find it hard to beat this racing game. I chose this over Need For Speed purely for graphics, and I have enjoyed playing Asphalt since. This isn't the Asphalt you used to find on your £20 phone - this is a fully featured game. It's pretty hard to control as it uses the accelerometer of your iPhone/iPod/iPad, but that's what makes it fun.

5. Minecraft - Pocket Edition
£4.99.... Minecraft.... £4.99...... Maybe only the hardcore fans of Minecraft would give out a £5 for an iPhone game, but aside from the price, the pocket edition of Minecraft will meet the needs of a Minecraft fanatic. With free updates, and new features always being added by Mojang, the pocket edition is fast becoming as featured as the PC version (it still has a while to go, mind). If you don't mind the small map size, you can enjoy both single and multiplayer from your handheld device!

There are thousands of apps on the App Store, but these 5 are all great boredom fighters. If you can put up with the 'real time' of The Sims Freeplay and The Simpsons Tapped Out (meaning that jobs and missions that take, say, 12 hours, take 12 hours in real time), then you've got some great, social games on your hands!

1 comment:

Georgie said...

I don't think I have ever bought an iPhone/iPad app in my life. XD I live on the free ones and I live off those apps that get you daily deals. I adore Minecraft but I hate playing it anywhere apart from my computer. My boss's son loves the game and loves playing it anywhere - so adorable!

Thank you tons for your comments on my posts over the past couple of weeks! I've been rad busy so I haven't had a chance to go around visiting blogs, haha. :)